Wednesday 16 March 2011

And so it begins.... AGAIN??

Well yesterday I signed up for Oxfam... again
I know I moaned last year but I really think it was the person I was with that brought everything down for me.
I was there to gain some experience and to be honest I had dragged my partner at the time along and well he didn't have anything to gain from it so didn't really see the point of it like I did.

The previously mentioned other half is now someone else's other half and I have my career to think about, so back I go into the wild world of festival volunteering!

I'm only doing Reading festival this year and with a good friend from my Uni course. We both are interested in getting into music events when we graduate and she was really interested in what I had done last year.... so I went for it. I hope being a little bit wiser, more realistic and mostly know what a festival is all about will really help me this time around. I really want to grab every opportunity and this time I won't have anyone holding me back or making me feel responsible for them because I had basically dragged them there.

Also I am hoping that it'll give my CV a little continuity that it is lacking now, I had 2 jobs in my gap year, then 3 festivals over the summer so I could come across as not being able to stick at things. Hopefully seeing I went back for another year with Oxfam will show I have some loyalty and the ability to commit to a purpose.

On an semi-related note: My thoughts go out to all those effected by the tragic events in Japan. Volunteers are the backbone of the relief and rescue efforts and I just thought I should give them a little shout out here.
If you want to donate to Japan via the Red Cross, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment