Sunday 12 December 2010

Winter of Volunteering

Well not exactly...
I haven't actually managed to do any more event volunteering this winter because I have been too busy writing a 3000 word essay on... Event Volunteering! Can you say irony?

A lot of the theories I looked at for my report were very helpful when thinking about why people volunteer and how events can keep their volunteers motivated. It's very strange to see the way you behave when volunteering explained almost word for word by an Event Manager for the Winter Olympics almost 20 years ago.

There are a few events which I am interested in volunteering for and very soon I am going to have to decide if I want to do the festival circuit again. The only downside to this is I can't get a 'real' job for the summer. Seeing as it'll be the last summer before I graduate a long term position might be more useful to me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment